River trekking is a combination of trekking and climbing and sometimes swimming along the river. It involves particular techniques like rock climbing, climbing on wet surfaces, understanding the geographical features of rivers and valleys, knotting, dealing with sudden bad weather, and finding out possible exits from the river. The water trek is one of its kinds that leave you spellbound and a strong urge to come back again.
DAY 01 (13.02.2022): Guwahati to Mawlyngbna (170 Kms approx)
Early morning assemble at the starting point. After breakfast, start the journey by road for 6 – 7 hours. Lunch enroute and a brief stopover at Umiam Lake. Night stay at Mawlyngbna in camps.
DAY 02 (14.02.2022): Mawlyngbna
- After having breakfast, start for an adventurous day doing:
- Water Canyoning: A one of its kind in India. Water Canyoning is trekking in the mountain downstream full of natural obstacles. The entire course is done under the guidance of locally trained guides and with all safety measures.
- Kayaking: Rowing the Kayaks in the Still water of UmKaKhoi
- Split Rock Caving: Down between two huge Rocks
- Deep Caving: Trek deep inside the cave system of Meghalaya.
- Treks to amazing waterfalls
- Leisure walks in the village
- Night Stay.
DAY 03 (15.02.2022) : Mawlyngbna to Tyrna (35 km approx)
- After breakfast, get ready to trek through the jungles of the Wettest Valleys in the World. The trek starts from Nongriat, a small Village near Mawlyngbna. Trek through the jungle takes around 4-5 hours and you get a chance to see and know various flora and fauna which are rare and eye-catching.
- Night stay at Tyrna in camps/homestay.
DAY 04 (16.02.2022): Tyrna To Nongriat
- Explore the paradise - Nongriat. Trek to rainbow falls and enjoy the nearby natural pools formed by the waterfalls coming down from Cherrapunjee. Relax and experience the serenity in the lap of Mother Nature. Night stay at Nongriat.
DAY 05 (17.02.2022): Nongriat and around
- Trek to Nohkalaika View Point and nearby places. Night stay.
DAY 06 (18.02.2022): Cherrapunjee to Guwahati (160 Kms)
- Drive/ Ride to Guwahati and reach by evening. Drop at the designated place.
- Trip ends.